Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Elevators

In the great adventure that is my life there are, occasionally times where I show weakness, But this story isn't about that at all, why would i tell you those stories. So this weekend I was at the TSA state conference, I don't care if you don't know what that is. So thursday night I was riding in an elevator with some friends of mine Matthew Jewett and and Dillon Christianson. The three of us were going down to get some dinner with some friends, for it was 9:30 and we hadnt eaten in a while. So the elevator is going down one minute and the next minute it is not going down, or up, or left. All it is doing is sitting there just like an elevator should not be doing. Matt and dillon started freaking out I mean like a lot dillon was in the fetal posistion in a corner crying about how he will never see his "mommy" again and matt was sitting down with a blank look on his face, a usual symptom of someone retreating to their "happy place". with my two friends unresponsive it was up to me to get us out. I quicky pulled out my phone and called the only man I could think of, Mr. Moore. His first responce to my call for help was to laugh. He laughed and laughed at us. finally he realized we were serious. he said he would talk to the hotel people about our problem. when I get off the phone I see that my friends have calmed down, well dillon was still sobbing a little. we sit there for a long time. talking and telling dirty jokes just trying to pass the time. I decide to give my girlfriend a call just to let her know the situation. Just like Mr. Moore she starts laughing and doesnt take me seriously at all. After a while she calls me back wondering where I am. IM IN A ELEVATOR. After that she realized That I was indeed in an elevator. I think she was even worried about me. So more time goes by we keep in touch with mr. moore every now and then. His wife, who is also part of TSA, calls and the conversation goes a little something like this.

Mrs. Moore- hey where are you guys
us- stuck in an elevator
Mrs. Moore- I know *laughs and hangs up*

what a jerk.

finally after an hour and a half mr. moore tells us the firemen are coming. ten minutes later we are free. There is a huge crowd around the elevator door I they were all taking pictures of us and video taping. one of them shouted out "take a Bow" I punched him and pushed past the rest of them in attempts to get to the stairs. we finally get back up to the room where everyone from Grandview Has gathered. they all start cheering when we enter and my girlfriend rushes to my side.

so in the end I saved the day.

wow that was a lot of words I bet you people want some pictures well here is this one

No comments:

Post a Comment