Friday, February 20, 2009

Ghosts and Aliens

This weekend my mom was telling me about a dream that she had had the night before. It was about a dream about aliens. In her dream she had freaked out and locked the doors, never very effective, and hid in the basement, yeah... that always works. So sure enough the aliens broke through the feeble attempts to stop them and came into the basement. As I, for some reason a little kid (it would appear as though someone is trying to avoid the fact that she's going to be an empty nester), began crying frantically, the aliens explained that they meant us no harm. At least they were peaceful on one condition; we had to expand their marketing onto earth. Yes, intergalactic salesmen. You thought the ones on Earth were persuasive, wait til you see the ones who if you don't buy from, they will drop you off on a world where you are forced to listen to Billy Ray Cyrus for eternity.

Anyway, that got me thinking. What would I do if an alien spaceship were to land nearby? Would I run and try to save myself or call the government or what? I thought and thought until finally it hit me hard. I would absolutely go out and greet them. Listen, if aliens can travel light-years in seconds and then land nearby and want to kill you, do you really think the incredibly technologically advanced dead bolt lock is going to stop them? So if I'm going to die either way, might as well go out running at them. Maybe for just a second they'll be confused before they turn me to dust. Or maybe they'd make me their pet.... Hey I could deal with that!

But if they're friendly, I'll be the first to greet them and maybe they'll teach me the secret of telekinesis....



Now, as expected we move on to ghosts. I hate ghosts.... So much... That's actually a little misleading, I'm jealous of ghosts. They can do whatever they want (stalking people, walking through walls, floating, invisibility, etc), and if someone catches a ghost doing that they're like, "eh whatever. He's a ghost. I'll accept that." What lets ghosts just say, "hello established laws and rules learned through centuries of human existence, screw you!"? I, for one, do not accept that since I can't do it. Therefore, I am on a mission to find one, not to run away frightened, but to fight it. Yep, I want to fight a ghost. 



Bring it on... I already have my boxing gloves covered in Ghost-B-Gone...

However, after I die, if given the option, I will totally be a ghost. And I'm not going to be dumb and haunt people who deserve it (ie ghosthunters, inmates, high school freshman), I'm going to haunt people who thought they were safe from me..... Other ghosts. The revenge will be sweet. Or if that gets boring, I will haunt tourists in Disneyland. The irony will be too much to bear. Following that I will move onto superhero antics.... maybe... Depends how I feel that day. And its like that Fable game, super super super super super super hard to become good, and way too easy to become evil.... stupid ghosts

No comments:

Post a Comment