Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Moving

So yesterday I finally moved into my new house. We bought it 15 months ago expecting to move in by August, then in September, then by the end of November, then January, then February for sure... The final move in was March 2nd. It took forever. But this post isn't about my summer working, although I have plenty of funny stories while building my fence and while building my deck etc. This post is all about the mistakes I made while moving that didn't dawn on me until this morning. I was dumb. Look... I even disappointed Bongo.... That's a downer....


So yesterday I packed everything I could into my car and made two trips from my old house to my new one to create a room that sorta resembled what I wanted it to. That included one poster, a Dark Knight one of course. Any room without a Dark Knight poster isn't a room at all in my opinion. So I also got my guitars over there because I have always wanted to play guitar on the roof at my new house. That still is going to be awesome! But that is for another time. I wanted to talk about what I didn't remember to pack. The most important of which.....


A towel.....

So I wake up at 510 this morning and I walk to my shower and I turn on the hot water and wait.... and wait... and check and its still ice piped directly from antartica. I'm like, "what the crap? did I not turn it onto hot or something?" So i switch it the other direction to see if I had messed it up. Now I should probably mention that my house is a major remodel and my parents have upgraded everything from the crappy dump we bought to a pretty nice house, except for the basement..... and my bathroom.... So it turns out that unlike the rest of the house, my bathroom's plumbing takes about 15 minutes to get warm water. So by about 10 minutes I had given up, I wasn't patient enough to figure out why no warm water was coming. So I just jump in and take little excursions thru the freezing waterfall before jumping back to the opposite corner and shivering. Then all of the sudden one of my jumps was into a stream of lava. I pratically knocked myself out I jumped back into the wall so hard. I could see the temperature control but there was no way to get to it. The steaming geyser was in between us. Eventually, with the help of a pully system I was able to improvize out of a couple tp rolls and a coat hanger I was able to turn it onto cold again. Once again it was ice cold, I just couldn't win. So i finish my shower adventure and crawl out and look around.... I just kinda did the Bongo pose... You gotta be kidding me!


So I just grabbed my parents towel.... from their bathroom... where they were asleep. And walked to my room. It was then I realized that I had no blinds in my room. I either had to be an expeditionist or I had to get dressed in the dark. I elected the later. Yeah I still don't know what I'm wearing... but I'm pretty sure those aren't pants on my legs.... They have a hold the size of my head.

So I hope this helps anyone who is moving. Remember to bring: towel, pillow (almost forgot that one too), garbage can, and chairs (more important than you think at first)...

No comments:

Post a Comment