Monday, March 16, 2009

Women of the World Unite!

So I think I should explain that this was a really awkward topic to write about. Camille was next to me so I decided to use her help as a woman of the world to try and make things just a little bit less awkward for me. Therefore I made Camille type in everything into google and I just sorta watched and told her what to type.... Ok... Camille is being difficult... She must be PMS-ing. I guess I'll just have to deal with some strange looks from people walking past. O wait! Cheltsea is also a woman of the world and will replace Camille.


So as I began to discuss the idea with Cheltsea, it dawned on her, its 100% true. Here is my theory, and I have even looked for research to back it up. It all starts in my Psychology class maybe 3 months ago. My teacher took the risk of explaining that PMS-ing does not exist. There are actually no biological changes in a woman's body to explain odd behaviors.... and cravings... unless they are pregnant.


Ok ready for research: "Don’t blame the hormones. It formerly was assumed that women with severe symptoms had a different hormonal profile than those who breeze through that week with never a complaint. Accordingly, the most popular therapies–until now–were focused on modifying these hormonal patterns by adding a little progesterone or some estrogen. This therapy never worked, and so other approaches were tried–notably vitamins and herbs. Although they sometimes help, they haven’t been entirely satisfactory either." (taken from http://www.womenandhormones.com/Pages/page4PMS%20Advice%20.html)


Yeah. That's pretty impressive huh? Anyhow, my theory is such: Long ago there were twelve women known only as the black plague. These women met together one day and had a deep discussion, this is what they said. "Ok everyone, the meeting of the black plague has begun. Hey Josephine, you will be taking notes today. Alright everyone I have an important subject to discuss. Acting irrationally. We all know that it is incredibly fun; however, if we do it too much then we will never get married. Therefore there must be some sorta way that we can act irrationally and have an excuse that no man will ever question.... Anyone?..."


"What if we just always act rationally?"


Everyone laughs. "No for real this time... whew good one... ok so any other ideas? It has to be something that is unique to women so that men will have no grounds to argue against it..."


"What if we use (This suggestion is blocked for younger readers). Then we can act completely crazy every month and have a flawless alibi!"

"HELGA! PERFECT! And we shall call it, the Black Plague after our organization!"


So that is my theory. Of course they changed the name after a while to PMS but it explains why so many Europeans died in Midevil times. So from there every mother to daughter has a talk about the ability to act crazy once a month. In fact, Cheltsea just told me that they are actually educated in school to use this opportunity to its fullest. She's singing "Just around the Corner" to me right now.


For this reason, my life's mission is to find these missing notes from this important meeting and expose them. I'm not totally sure how men will react to the news. I'm pretty sure that most will be a little pissed. And women's response will be even more unpredictable. Will they deny it? Or simply assassinate me? I guess I will just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment