Saturday, October 10, 2009

Evolution of Man... or rather the Walk Cycle

Hey Guys. I thought I would as usual put up my most recent animation I've been working on. But this time I thought I would break up what I've done into steps. We were assigned to make a walk cycle animation. Therefore, not all that many drawings were required, its just that the last drawing has to line up with the first. It also has to be fluid and life like. It was a pain even though it was only like 11 drawings or something.

The first step was to just draw the legs so that the motion could be tested to make it convincing. (And I'm not sorry if these are hard to see, you should get new eyes)

Next is just to add a simple body


The arms are tricky since they need to move opposite the legs. In other words, when your right leg moves forward, your left arm swings as a counter balance.


Now was simply adding some form to the stick figure.


Finally I tweaked the drawings and actually re-drew all of the drawings onto new sheets of paper and used a very dark pencil to finish it.

Now I know these are anything but perfect (the figure's right arm flashing on its way forward, the changing size of the head, the minimal weight expressed, and especially the right thigh growing on the step forward.) but I thought they would be pretty informative. This little cycle took apprx 6 hours to finish. Granted some was distracted time but still!

Go America!

No comments:

Post a Comment