Monday, October 19, 2009

The Epic Adventure


Now then. Examine the picture above. Look at the emotions, the lighting, the 3 dimensionality, the color choice. Now forget all that, because this is not the epic face I had on during my epic adventure. In fact, I was about to call this post something more descriptive like "Printers are Evil" or "Printers suck" or even "God gave man life, the devil gave man printers." As is evident... I hate printers... But I really wanted to use this face, (you'll know why later) and therefore I named this post "The Epic Adventure".

This is how my story starts. It turns out that today we had a Biology essay due. That's no big deal, so I wrote it this morning (not recommended). I finished my essay and clicked print I ran out the door to my Book of Mormon class in the Tanner building. But... here at BYU, to print you have to then go to a printer and scan your card to get anything printed... this I did not do. So when Book of Mormon ended I booked it to the SWKT (for everyone not from BYU just look at my visual cue at the bottom of this post) computer lab and scanned my card. It just so happens that print jobs time out after an hour... CRAP! So I make a desperate call to D-bone, hoping by some miracle he was home and could save me, but no answer. So since I only saved the document on my laptop at my dorm, I had to head back to Heritage.

Now keep in mind I only had 10 minutes before my BIO class started. And I had already wasted a bunch of time in the SWKT. But let me assure you, I covered some crazy ground back to my dorm. I bust in and there's D-bone sitting at the table! What?! So he just looks at me all calm as I'm all sweaty, panting, and I'm pretty sure that my eye was twitching, and says, "Oh, I saw you called."

I was obviously upset but its not like I could do anything about it. I just booked it to my laptop, hit print and walked out to our dorms printer. Of course its got this huge error message that's like, hit F1 to continue. But.... the keyboard is locked away so only the mouse and card scanner is accessible. I had to think quick at this point because it was about 2:10, and my class started at 2:00. Then it dawned on me, the Heritage central building! That was close! Then I'll just book it to class. I get to the central building... and sure enough... There to great me is the same error message... and still no keyboard!

I just leave the building and start walking to the library (HBLL) and when I finally get there I walk up to the door and see a girl open it towards me and walk out. So I get there... there's no handle! I'm like, what kind of powers are conspiring against me! So I look up... "Exit Only".... Oh... So I go to the doors next to that after feeling like an idiot and finally am able to get my paper. I then book it to my class in the Richards building and was able to get there by 2:20. That was a lot of work for 6 points.
To explain the picture, the red dots are printers that failed me, the green dot is the one that worked... finally... and then I pointed out my two classes. Note how close they are usually... I think there might be a more effective route than the one I decided to take. The route is in black obviously and its up to you to figure out exactly what it means... it was hard enough to make it... well not really...

Go America!

No comments:

Post a Comment