Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oh! I Just Died in Your Arms D-Bone

O yes. Its time to let the world view my incredibly patient and epically long attempt to annoy my roommate. Now we all know what the 80's were, bad hair, bad fashion, horrible CD cover art, and not amazingly impressive music, but endlessly and undyingly (immortally? unstoppably? resurrectedably?) catchy. One of the most amazingly catchy songs of this era? Cutting Crew's "(I just) Died in Your Arms Tonight". (Music video is kinda disturbing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOwHzCHfgA... I didn't even want to post the video on my blog because I would be scared to come back...) So I kinda like the song, I think its pretty catchy so I started to play it a little bit. Then I decided to learn it on guitar. Then the idea hit me!
(Happy Halloween... Not really, this is really the album cover... Happy 80's! But Happy Halloween anyway.)

D-bone quickly was exposed to its undyingly catchy-ness and began to sing it as I would play it on guitar. This is when it hit me, "I know a way to be annoying!" (Its probably bad that that's my number 1 goal but....) So it began. Since that day, every time Daniel and I have been together, that song has been playing. It's kinda a psychology experiment really: "How long until D-bone snaps and starts shooting people?" That's what I want to know. It took about two weeks of this before he said anything at all. That something was just like, 'wow this song is on a lot'... Then it turned into his 'annoying, endlessly playing song'....

So I knew I had to be a bit sneakier... and the song was already getting on my, and LeBron James' nerves before D-bone.... So I stopped playing the song directly. Instead I would search on YouTube for a clip that 'just so happened' to have that song as a background. Or I would just play the song right before he left for class, sure enough, he'd come back singing the song still, that would mean I had succeeded.

I'm not sure how long this experiment will last but I'm not gonna stop until he either loses it, or says "Dakota" like the old charging horses in the Old West.... Because I'm a stallion.... Anyway I will have to check back in here when something awesome happens and account the story. So please don't tell D-Bone about "Dakota"... If he reads the blog, that's one thing, but.... still.... I'm enjoying it... even though I hate the song... its so beyond worth it when he starts unconsciously singing with it.

Go America!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOSH!!!! I laughed soooooooo many times while reading this! You rock Nicholas! :D It makes me want to go back to college and do that to my roommates...but maybe I'll just have to experiment when I'm married to Tim! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been awesome. I think my favorite moments so far have been: 1) Hearing D bone showering and singing the song. 2) I only played the chord progression and didn't say a thing and he started to sing it. I also had a good idea to keep it kinda secret by finding remixes of the song. There are a lot of them... trust me... But I don't think Tim has done anything to deserve that kinda torture....

    ReplyDelete
  3. To tell you the truth, I never really noticed that much. And yes the song did annoy me from the very beginning, I just didn't say anything. And really, I didn't sing it as much as he said cause I never had it stuck in my head in class...

    ReplyDelete