Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The year is 1976! Don't believe the lies of the media!

//BC = Before Christ
//AD = After Death
//Code initiating variables in separate classes

public static void main(String[] args) {
if(!BC && !AD) {
return null;
}
}

There we go. I just deleted 33 years of human history via Java. Which, since Java is how the Earth was coded, those 33 years are really gone (Either Java or Perl...(xkcd reference there)). The point is this whole 'Anno Domini' is not what I learned and I refuse to destroy what is concrete in my life. AD is After Death. And sure that means that during Christ's life there was no recorded time. But I'm ok with that. I'm pretty sure that Mark was supposed to be recording time but he got distracted. First by fishing... then by ministering.

So my life is returning to computers. I tried my hand at art. We all saw how that turned out! Not really I enjoy it as well, but computers is what I understand, and I'm only 2 months away from returning to my calling in life! I still remember my first attempt at a program. I believe it looked a little bit like this:

public static void main(String[] args) {
halo.build();
masterCheif.putOnHelmit();
}

It was a good idea, and would sure make programming a lot easier if that's all it takes to create a video game. It was just a matter of guessing the best video game name and saying: tetris.build(); and there it was! Whoever guessed the best names got the made the best games! It even rhymes! But no.... I believe all that programs like that produce is:
Aw yes.... Our friend the 'Blue Screen of Death'. O how I've missed you in all these art classes... Wait a second... having you was a terrible thing huh? I didn't miss you at all! But there is a lot that i do miss. Now don't get me wrong. I loved animation, and I still head down to the Animation lab and am working currently on a animation in COLOR! Yeah I'm serious!..... Ok settle down.... Its a lot to take in I understand.... Especially with that font....

Anyway, I'm just not the artist that getting into that program requires. So I found a loophole. I call it: Computer Science Major with an Animation emphasis! Fantastic! Pixar and not being an awesome artist?! Can life get better?! I doubt it! (I submit that it cannot!)

But back to the point of this article. We're in the 70's baby! (and not-baby's!) Now lets make one ground rule tho. Just because its the 70's does not mean that 'groovy' is acceptable. That, nor afros, nor soul! Ok maybe soul... But only the Commodores.... But the year you're thinking of was the 40's. You gotta accept that everything is the same, except the year. And this is scientifically true, based on my 4th grade math (which is always flawless). 2009 is way in the future. This is also why all of your computers still work. Rest assured, 2000 will indeed be the end of the world...

It's a hard transition, I know. But with enough work, I think we as humans can move on. Also, I apologize for the total lack of consistency or organization in this post. What? Do you think I plan these before hand? Is this the first post you've read or something?

Go America!

1 comment:

  1. A.D. doesn't stand for after death. If it did that would leave a 33 year lag between B.C. and A.D. A.D. actually stands for "anno domini" meaning, in Latin, the year of our Lord.

    ReplyDelete